A collection of study resources related to Intel SGX technology.
- This is a comprehensive introduction of SGX presented by Dror Caspi from Intel in Israel Institute of Technology.
- Introducing the Intel® Software Guard Extensions Tutorial Series is a set of tutorial blogs provided by Intel, which is focused on developing SGX applications for Windows platform.
- This blog form Intel provides the overview of the instructions and data structures used in SGX. It's useful as a reference for technical terms.
- This blog from Intel explains the Remote Attestation code example provided by Intel. Note that the code example from SGX SDK does not include the actual provisioning process with Intel Attestation Service.
- Innovative Technology for CPU Based Attestation and Sealing is the initial white paper for the attestation and sealing techniques now offered by SGX.
- Attestation Service for Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX): API Documentation provides the reference on how to interact with Intel Attestation Service using RESTful API.
- Enhanced Privacy ID: A Direct Anonymous Attestation Scheme with Enhanced Revocation Capabilities is the initial paper from Intel that proposes Enhanced Privacy ID, the anonymous attestation scheme that is adopted by Intel Attestation Service.
- Integrating Remote Attestation with Transport Layer Security introcudes how to use remote attestation to achieve a TLS connection.
- This blog from Intel introduces the primitives associated with SGX sealing process. More details are also available from SGX developer guide.
- Intel SGX Explained is a comprehensive introduction to the technology, including the architecture background and the implementation. A must-have.
- Trust is in the Keys of the Beholder: Extending SGX Autonomy and Anonymity is the dissertation for MS degree by Alon Jackson. It offers an extensive description of the SGX ecosystem and evaluations of SGX security guarentees.
- SGX Secure Enclaves in Practice is a review slides of the technology during BlackHat 2016. This is the corresponding review paper.
- Information Security – Theory vs. Reality is another good intruduction slides from Tel Aviv University.
- Intel SGX Instructions in Enclave Initialization is a blog that explores and explains the implementation details of SGX enclave initialization very well.
- SGX attestation process is a report from University of Tartu that gives a good high level explanation of attestation process.
Below are the best places to keep track of SGX related research papers for general purposes:
Other useful recources: